Wednesday, February 19, 2020

All Good Days! Welcome to the Relaunch

I love to write. I love to create. I love to share things I love and I love to at least try to make people laugh.

I have had a blog in some form or another for at least 20 years but the thing that holds me back from writing more is that I've always felt it had to be something profound or earth shattering. Well, for this relaunch and my commitment to blog and share more I'm not going to let myself get hung up on being too profound.

The "All Good Days" concept started last winter while trying to shake off the long days of gray skies and cold. Dating all of the way back to junior high (1985ish) I have been obsessed with skate and surfware. My cousin Ben and I even had big dreams for "WayRad Skate Designs". Even though we never did anything with that, I actually sold jams shorts at school in 8th grade. I would pick out, pin, and cut the crazy material and my mom would sew them. I made enough money in a couple of months to cover my flight and the cost of attending Michigan's football camp. Fast forward 33 years and I started getting creative with designs and put a bunch of stuff up on CafePress. com in my own virtual surf shop. I also started an Instagram account designed at not just promoting the stuff for sale at CafePress but by sharing beautiful royalty-free photos of places sure to brighten any day.

So, today I am rolling all of these varied interests I have from teaching to graphic design, to music, to stuff I think is funny, to 80's and 90's nostalgia and basically giving the Internet all of me. I work hard to look at every day as a good day. I am so blessed by a wonderful family and the opportunity to teach STEM for 7 hours each day with joyous 5 to 10-year-old!

Here's to celebrating #AllGoodDays. I hope you'll check in often and more importantly I hope you find something that can make no matter what kind of day you're having, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment