Saturday, March 7, 2020

If you like Remove.bg then you're going to love Unscreen.com

When Remove.bg hopped on the scene, arduous hours in Photoshop to remove backgrounds from photos disappeared in an upload and a quick. Now, the same folks are back with Unscreen.com, a tool to instantly remove backgrounds from video clips and then easily layer in a new background. Final products download as .Gif files.

Simply upload a clip and then pick either a stock background or upload your own. Here the site is preparing a clip of me irresponsibly lighting 30-year-old Mexican firecrackers I had bought in junior high from a lady who sold these homemade dandies on the beach in Puerto PeƱasco. They were in a bunch of junk my mom had recently cleaned out of my old bedroom...but I digress.


After the upload was complete, I picked one of the stock backgrounds to gauge how the clip looked.

I could have stopped right there as the project was pretty cool, but I thought, "Why not make this video doubly ridiculous?". For my background, I upload a dumb clip of me dunking a basketball on an eight-foot and somewhat leaning basketball hoop. I think it turned out pretty cool.

Now I am thinking, "How many other videos of me doing silly things could I layer into this?". There have to be five or six floating around my Google Photos.

I am sure there are a ton of curricular applications for Unscreen, but I always have the most fun learning a new tool by creating something of absolute little use to the educational advancement of anyone...like this.

Thanks, as always, to the incredible Brian Briggs who shared Unscreen with me this week by mashing up other videos that were "of absolute little use to the educational advancement of anyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment